Friday, February 22, 2019

14A – Halfway Reflection



                                Image result for success 

1)    Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
a.     I would always check my Canvas calendar on Wednesdays or Thursdays and check the assignments that were due for next week. I would schedule a time during my free time to complete the assignments, usually in my free time in between my classes.
2)    Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
a.     The only times where I felt like giving up was when I was really overwhelmed with the amount of homework this class has. Its relatively easy work but it’s a really big workload. So every time I forgot about an assignment, they would up pile up and then I would only have like 5 hours to complete all of them. I wanted to give up and just take the 0 but I would think about it and realize that I should at least try. For now, I’ve been able to complete all of them and earned all of the points but sometimes it’s not as easy as it seems. I have always had a tenacious attitude in everything I do so I feel like it has definitely come in handy in these many assignments. I have always been involved in sports and in activities that require competitions so I’m used to having a lot of pressure so I have developed the tenacious attitude and it’s really hard for me to give up so I think that’s something that has contributed to it.
3)    Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
a.     Keep everything very organized by making a schedule
b.     Plan ahead by getting the readings required
c.     Make friends with people who are also taking the class that can help you develop ideas for the products

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Great tips! Having friends also in the course has allowed me to bounce ideas off of people and also have more people willing to be interviewed. It's easy to feel overwhelmed balancing this class with all of your other classes. I agree that staying on top of things is the only way to keep yourself focused.

    ReplyDelete